EA decided that they will be giving out download vouchers to all PS3 owners that bought Battlefield 3. The reason is, EA had a class action lawsuit filed against them because during E3 last June, they promised Battlefield 1943 would come with Battlefield 3 exclusively for PlayStation 3. And all of you who own BF3 for the PS3 know that shit didn't happen. Instead PS3 owners were told they get DLC a week before everyone else. Pretty shitty exclusive if you as me.So instead of paying out millions of bucks on this lawsuit, EA has decided to go through with their E3 promise.
For those of you interested in getting your free download of Battlefield 1943 check after the break to get all the details of how and when.
Battlefield 1943 PlayStation 3 vouchers will be available on the following dates via the 1943redemption.battlefield.com portal:
- November 26th, 2011 for Battlefield 3 players on PlayStation Network Sony Europe.
- December 10th, 2011 for Battlefield 3 players on PlayStation Network Sony America.
- December 17th, 2011 for Battlefield 3 players on PlayStation Network Sony Asia and Sony Japan.
- Activate your Battlefield 3 Online Pass for the PlayStation 3 using the voucher included in the game (see step #5 for additional instructions).
- Visit 1943redemption.battlefield.com on or after the dates outlined above for your region and log in with your Origin ID and password. Click here if you need help with retrieving your account information.
- Select your territory. Note vouchers do not work across regions.
- You will then receive a PlayStation 3 voucher for Battlefield 1943.
- input your voucher into the
PlayStation Network store. Instructions below.
- From the XMB (cross media-bar) of the PlayStation 3 connected to a network, choose [account management] under the [PlayStation Network].
- From the menu select redeem codes.
- Enter voucher and select continue.
- Download Battlefield 1943.